Fulham Co., Inc., a leading supplier of lighting components and electronics for commercial and specialty applications, has introduced a new Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit to illuminate locations such as service stations, parking garage, entryways, walkways, and other areas where LED lighting presents a cost-effective alternative to metal halide and other types of traditional light sources.
The new Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit offers a high-power factor with low total harmonic distortion (THD) and can be used for installations requiring 120V to 227V, making it a good replacement option for applications with up to 250W HID currently installed. Suitable for both damp and dry locations, the kit also features integrated thermal management for optimal performance and reliability, and has been tested to operate at temperatures ranging from -4 to 113 degrees Fahrenheit. The Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit uses optical lenses to direct the beam at a 160-degree angle, making it ideal for parking garage, walkways and perimeter lighting.
Fulham’s retrofit kits are designed to offer the same aesthetics as the original fixture, but with a lower cost to retrofit resulting in lower power consumption and longer fixture performance. For example, the Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit features a 65W to 15W programmable driver for lower power consumption, and has five programmable settings for multiple lumen output options (preset by Fulham at the time of order). The Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit is UL classified for field installation and normally can be installed in 5 to 10 minutes per kit. The kit also is DesignLights Consortium Qualified in the category “Outdoor Retrofit Kit – Mid Output,” with a primary use designation of parking garage retrofit kits.
“The retrofit market for our LED modules continues to grow, and we are seeing increased demand for high-power LED lighting kits,” said Edwin Reyes, Product Director, LED Light Sources, for Fulham. “We designed the latest Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit to be especially versatile so our customers can stock fewer units, and installers have an all-purpose retrofit product that is reliable and easy to install.”
Fulham’s Universal Voltage LED Canopy Retrofit Kit offers a variety of features that make it an attractive replacement for canopy fixtures, including:
* The kit is fully assembled with plug-and-play connection between the LED light source and the LED driver.
* The unit can be mounted directly to the luminaire pan or reflector, or the driver can be mounted away from the module.
* The 65W retrofit system power has a programmable driver with up to 8,700 system lumens max.
* Dimming from 0 to 10V and is compatible with most sensors.
* The kit is smaller and lighter that traditional canopy luminaires, measuring 9.06 inches wide and 1.26 inches wide, and weighing 3.1 pounds.
* Optical lenses are used to direct light levels at 60~80 degrees (more than 30 percent of total flux), and 70~80 degrees (less than 25 percent of total flux).
* UL classified for field installation, typically in less than ten minutes.
For more information about the Universal Voltage Retrofit Kit and other Fulham LED lighting retrofit products, please visit www.fulham.com.