Ricoh USA, Inc., has unveiled its portfolio of customer-centric solutions and innovations at EFI Connect 2018. Committed to investing in solutions that empower customers to broaden revenue streams and simplify digital workflows, Ricoh’s lineup of solutions and consulting services illustrates how its technology and experts can help customers grow their businesses.
Ricoh’s Commercial & Industrial Printing Group, laser-focused on enhancing customer experiences, discussed how print businesses can benefit from Ricoh’s large and growing portfolio to meet their unique needs—demonstrating the company’s dedication to holistically assessing and addressing customer pain points, workflows, and goals. Visitors to Booth #102 also learned more about the game-changing five-color RICOH Pro C7100X series, the versatile EFI Pro 16h, and a suite of workflow solutions to meet diverse needs, including those unique to wide format. Also featured in the booth was Ricoh’s augmented reality (AR) service, Clickable Paper™, which transforms printed materials into interactive multimedia content and activities, requiring no special markings, which are commonly necessary with QR Codes.
“We know that our customers need more from their partners, and that’s why Ricoh goes the extra mile to invest in areas that are clearly aimed at helping them achieve further success,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Commercial & Industrial Printing Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. “Whatever your business requires—wide format; five-color sheet fed; automated workflows; or something else entirely—we help customers figure out what’s best for them by focusing on three areas: print productivity, business efficiency and marketing creativity.
“And we know how to pick the best partners—we believe in the EFI portfolio so much that we are one of a handful of partners that sells all of their major product lines: wide format, controllers, workflow software and solutions. We partner with the best because we want to make sure our customers are still growing and succeeding in six months, a year, five years and further down the line..”
Many of Ricoh’s recent innovation investments and strategic partnerships on display at EFI Connect included:
• The EFI Pro 16h LED Wide Format Printer is a versatile hybrid printer that serves flatbed and roll-fed workflows, delivering ultimate high-definition imaging for a broad range of wide format applications. Print four-color applications plus white on an extended range of flexible and rigid substrates with saturated colors and smooth gradations. Production-level output speeds yield maximum productivity, while LED technology reduces operating costs and lowers environmental footprint.
• The RICOH Pro C7110X five-color digital press, boasting expanded 5th color capabilities. It is a true game changer due to its price point and 5th color capabilities, including the new Ultraviolet Security Red and neon pink toners, and its already available white, clear and neon yellow options. Neon pink enhances images, providing crucial highlights or graphic color, even combining with other process shades to create a neon palette that pops on a variety of media, including textured media and synthetics. The Ultraviolet Security Red toner technology display adds an enhanced layer of protection for ticket or pass verification. This security feature only appears when exposed under UV light, helping to reduce fraud. Additionally, the RICOH Pro C7110X substrate flexibility makes it a great choice for supplemental signage and graphic arts needs. The included 5th Color Kit can help inspire outside-the-box designs, as well as showing how to create them.
• EFI Digital StoreFront, the award-winning, flexible web-to-print solution, and its seamless integration with Ricoh equipment. EFI DigitalStoreFront helps streamline and automate workflows, reducing turnaround times and the opportunity for error. With the solution, customers are invited to browse an attractive online storefront for a print provider’s offerings and place an order. Once an order is placed, it is automatically funneled into the production workflow, helping to eliminate lost orders and slow response times.
• Wide format workflows also benefitted from EFI Digital StoreFront, as well as EFI DirectSmile. DirectSmile allows printers, agencies and corporations to create, personalize and automate marketing across all media, while providing a fully integrated marketing software solution for data-driven print, PURL, email, SMS, social media, mobile media and image personalization. As commercial printers increasingly embrace industrial capabilities, these solutions help automate workflows to keep things running smoothly throughout the operation.
• Additionally, Ricoh’s experts led a breakout session on leveraging AR to bolster customer engagement: Transforming Print into an Interactive Experience. The session discussed how the communication landscape is changing, and how AR solutions like Ricoh’s Clickable Paper are uncovering new ways to engage.
For details on Ricoh’s full line of production print products, services and solutions, please visitwww.takealookatricoh.com/eficonnect and join the conversation on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter using #LookAtRicoh.