On October 27, 2016, Millersville University (Millersville, Pennsylvania) will host the Girls Career Choices in Engineering & Technology Seminar, an event providing information and encouragement to junior and senior female high school students who have expressed an interest in pursuing a technical or engineering-related career. Attendees of this seminar will meet women in technical businesses and industries, learn about engineering and technology careers, engage with professors in engineering-related fields, and talk with current students enrolled in technology programs.
Erin Nuss, SGIA’s Associate Manager of Education, was invited to participate on a panel of professionals to share her experience within the industry. As a founding member of SGIA’s recently formed Women in Print Alliance, Nuss is a perfect example of how more women are entering the printing industry at the educational level and advancing into the professional arena.
Other panelists include:
• Heather Heltzinger, Project Manager/SCADA Design Engineer, Keystone Engineering Group Inc.
• Katherine Miller, EH&S Manager, Armstrong World Industries
• Colleen Moore, Product Designer, Brentwood Industries, Inc.
• Lexi Scrivano, Market Coordinator, Benchmark Construction Company
• Jana Zinn, Technology and Engineering Instructor, Emory H. Markle Intermediate School
For more information about the Girls Career Choices in Engineering & Technology Seminar, visit www.millersville.edu/aest/gects.php.