NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the new PH1400U digital projector with unique 3-chip DLP system. This professional installation model can operate 24/7 and is designed for corporate and retail environments by providing 14,000 center screen lumens (13,500 ANSI lumens).
Powered by a unique 3-chip, 0.96-inch DLP system, the PH1400U is a WUXGA resolution projector featuring a compact design that creates quality, larger-than-life images under virtually any operating condition to take on the most demanding integration projects. It joins the PH1000U in the high bright category, creating a family of projectors to support a larger spectrum of installations. It is the third projector in NEC’s lineup to offer Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility. It supports multiple input cards, including an HD/SD-SDI and single board computer (SBC).
“The PH1400U is designed for venues where there is high ambient light and the need for a large screen size,” said Rich McPherson, senior product manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “Its capabilities give the AV market a powerful tool for the most demanding application requirements.”
The PH1400U uses Integrated Device Technology HQV™, a high-performance video processing and scaling system designed for computer signals, as well as standard or high-definition video. This technology produces superior video processing using pixel-based, motion-adaptive de-interlacing to remove undesirable motion artifacts typical of interlaced signals. The outcome is a life-like image, which is especially useful in video conferencing applications.
The PH1400U includes the following features:
- Stunning projected content delivered by 14,000-center screen lumen (13,500 ANSI lumen) brightness and 2000:1 contrast ratio
- 3-Chip DLP and 1920 x 1200 WUXGA native resolution enable sharp images
- Dual UHP lamps with lamp life up to 3000 hours in ECO Mode™
- Future-proofed investment with the Open Pluggable Specification option slot, including an HD/SD SDI input card and SBC
- Best-in-class connectivity, which includes HDMI with HDCP, DisplayPort, three computer inputs, component and S-Video, Stereo (3D) via DVI dual link input
- Stacking capability (up to 56,000 lumens with four projectors)
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses with powered zoom, focus and lens shift
- Lens Memory, which controls lens attributes (zoom, focus, shift) based on input resolution and input selection
- Cornerstone correction, which helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
- Geometric correction, which allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
- DICOM simulation for medical applications
- PIP/side-by-side, which allows two sources to be displayed on the screen at one time
- Edge-blending technology, which creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
The PH1400U projector ships with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in June 2013 at a minimum advertised price of $59,999 (without lens).