Laminators Incorporated, manufacturer of composite panels for the commercial construction and professional sign making industries, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this July. Since 2008, the company had been owned and operated by the third generation Thompson family.
Laminators Incorporated, originally founded by Joseph Thompson in 1963, started as a laminating company making chalkboards and bulletin boards, but it has evolved over its 50-year history and continues to offer high-quality aluminum composite panels and value-added solutions. Some of the company's milestones include:
- 1960s: Manufacturer of chalk boards, bulletin boards, swing doors for truck trailers and panels for above ground pools
- 1970s: Manufactured panels for temporary camp housing for U.A.E.
- 1980s: Started manufacturing architectural panels for the commercial construction industry
- 1990s: Entered the professional sign making industry
- 2000s: Developed various installation systems for the architectural panels
- 2010s: Started performing take-offs and providing fabrication services to the architectural community
"The company has seen its share of challenges and rewards over the years," states David J. Thompson, Jr., president. "I am proud to work alongside so many long-term and dedicated colleagues and to have the support from our loyal customer base, both of which have contributed to Laminators' continued growth and success."