Since 1998, the United States Sign Council (USSC) has been awarding scholarships to deserving college students. These USSC scholarships are available to employees of USSC member firms or dependents of an employee at a USSC member firm. Any employee or employee’s dependent is eligible to apply.
In addition, once the student has been chosen by the Scholarship Committee as a scholarship recipient, he or she may renew the scholarship for three additional years providing the student maintains a 3.0 grade point average.
This is a membership opportunity that should not be overlooked, especially in light of increasing costs for higher education.
Following are the requirements for application:
* The student must submit a completed application form, supply a current transcript of grades, and a short essay.
* If the student is going into the field of art or graphic design, he or she must submit samples of their artistic skills.
* The student must have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or better and must maintain an average of 3.0 to renew the scholarship in subsequent years.
* The student can be a high school senior or already in college in an undergraduate program. (If already in college, student should submit a high school transcript and a current college transcript of courses taken to date.)
* The student can be interested in any area of study in either a two-year or four-year program and must be full time with at least twelve credit hours per semester.
Funding for the Scholarship Program comes from setting aside a percentage of the gross revenue from Sign World International in Atlantic City. When you exhibit or attend you help fund the future of our industry! Our scholarship students thank you for your support.