MaxLite®, a leading global manufacturer and marketer of energy efficient lighting, upgrades its line of Linear Fluorescent T8 and T5 High Bay Lighting Fixtures with new optics, options and accessories.
“This expansion of our popular T5 and T8 linear fluorescent High Bay products signifies our continued commitment to energy saving solutions across multiple technologies and applications,” said Vice President of Product Marketing and Engineering Pat Treadway.
Designed as energy efficient replacements for HID and older fluorescent fixtures, the fixtures can be used in new and retrofit commercial projects such as gymnasiums, warehouses, churches and shop floors. The upgraded T8 and T5 fixtures now offer the following options: high polished reflectors, occupancy motion sensors, emergency battery backup and 347- and 480-volt step down transformers.
- The standard reflectors have a reflectance of 87 percent, while the optional high polished reflectors are enhanced to more than 95 percent reflectance for superior optics with maximum photometric efficiency and lumen output.
- The occupancy motion sensors maximize energy savings by providing full light levels only when the area is in use.
- The battery backup system operates the fixtures for a minimum of 90 minutes when power is not available.
- The step down transformers option allows for installation in locations with 347- or 480-supply voltage.
- A full line of flat and wrap-around wire guards, door frames and lenses are also offered.
The T5 and T8 fixtures, which are offered in four- and six-lamp configurations, ship fully wired and contain high efficiency universal voltage ballasts that operate with 120- through 277-volt (inclusive) lighting systems; a high ballast factor universal ballast is also available for T8 systems. The fixture and the optional 10-foot 3-wire cord with plug can be installed easily with the provided quick connects to expedite installation and maintenance. The fixtures offer ample slots for mounting with supplied V-hooks, as well as knockouts for attaching optional motion sensors. A hinged access door enables easy ballast replacement from the fixture’s topside without removing the reflector or fixture.
The fixtures are constructed with a 22-gauge, die-formed galvanized steel housing, and are post-painted with white baked-on-enamel to guarantee long life, especially in harsh environments.
Other optional accessories include wire guards, lenses and door frames that are available with a hinged end to enable the fixtures to open without completely removing them, reducing maintenance time.