Hingst’s Sign Post: Polyurethane and Vinyl Films

Sign Builder Illustrated Columnist Jim Hingst writes: “Many in our industry use the all-encompassing term “heat transfer vinyl” to refer to any heat transfer flex film. The fact of the matter is that many of the heat transfer films on the market today are not vinyl at all. Much of what is sold today is polyurethane or a polyurethane blend.

“The reason that I make this distinction is that there is a big difference between polyurethane and vinyl films.  What’s more, a 100 percent polyurethane film is also quite different than a polyurethane-based blended film.

To read Jim’s explanation of the differences, be sure to read his “Hingst’s Sign Post” blog at the link provided HERE.



2015 Winter/Spring Buyer's Guide


Is your shop planning to get more involved with digital signage?