The SEGD Branded Environments event returns to the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas for the third year in a row by popular demand with a diverse lineup of speakers, tour offerings and opportunities to connect with fellow participants as well as the local design community. SEGD Branded Environments 2019—is the event for the design of brand-centric customer experiences.
In an increasingly competitive landscape of offerings, the differentiation created by integrating meaningful brand experiences into places and spaces provides the highest return on investment to both owners and users, and the case for integrating brand with place has been made by cities and companies worldwide. Simon Hancock, a SEGD Branded Environments 2018 speaker, SEGD Global Design Award-winner, and founder of international design firm THERE, said “Well thought-out, experience-led placemaking, has the benefit of resonating with both residents and outsiders, motivating civic pride and building the destination brand—ultimately helping people feel inspired, engaged and connected.”
“The 2019 SEGD Branded Environments event at DSE will be absolutely engaging and inspiring—and boasts a great lineup of speakers,” says Clive Roux, SEGD’s CEO. “These experiential graphic design professionals know how to deliver the best in branded environments, from creating Instagram-able moments to unforgettable interactive experiences.”
The two-day event will kick off on Tuesday, March 26 with sessions that touch on physical and digital design for sports, workplace, retail and educational venues. Speakers will also address hot topics like integrating new technologies, materials and methods into design practice.
Sessions and speakers will include:
- “Brand + Culture: Making a Civic Institution Accessible with Experiential and Art Activations” with Eric Levine, NBBJ (Seattle)
- “Brand + Culture: Reflecting Workplace Culture through Branded Environments” with Jill Spaeth & Nathan Hill of SpaethHill (Washington) and Joe Lawton, Media-Objectives (Chicago)
- “Brand + Campus: Attracting and Engaging Users with Campus Brand Experiences” with Braulio Baptista & Jenny Lee, ZGF (Los Angeles)
- “Brand + Sport: Activating Public Places for Fan and Team Brand Experiences” with Angela Hill & Kevin Gormal, Section 127 (Indianapolis)
- “Brand + Digital: Transforming Brand Experiences through Digital Engagement” with Keith Curtis, Perkins+Will (Atlanta)
- “Brand + Digital: Future of Retail” with Eli Kuslansky, UnifiedField (New York) Paul Conder, CRTKL (New York)
Dialogues on trends and issues in experiential graphic design practice, will include:
- Collaborative Partnerships and Relationships: Extending your Capabilities
- Making your Dream Team: Recruiting and Maintaining Creative Talent
- Material Innovation: Experimenting with New Materials and Methods
- Technical Management: Fabrication and Installation Pressure Points
- Going Digital: Technology and Media Development
Participants will have opportunities to network throughout the event and at a post-event meetup on Tuesday evening. The optional agenda for Wednesday, March 27, includes two optional walking tours, The Las Vegas Ballpark & City National Arena Tour and the DSE Show Floor Insider Tour in addition to the DSE Networking Reception and DSE Apex Awards Program, both on Wednesday.
Get more information and register for 2019 SEGD Branded Environments at DSE.
Download the detailed agenda for 2019 SEGD Branded Environments at DSE.