LightFair, the premier annual event in architectural and commercial lighting, is looking for experts in lighting, technology, and design industries to speak at next year’s LightFair, the largest commercial and industrial lighting trade show and conference, happening June 19-23 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Lightfair has now extended the due date for applicants to submit criteria to on or before Friday, October 1.
“The LightFair conference is known for the valuable networking and education that our expert speakers bring to the stage every year,” said Dan Darby, LightFair show director. “We’re not only calling for speakers, we’re looking for the next round of industry professionals who strive to educate the future of lighting designers and architects through teaching about their passion for lighting design and technology.”
Professionals interested in speaking at LightFair 2022 can choose to present on seven different topics.
- Design Guidance + Tools covers the latest energy and building code changes, new design metrics, industry review agencies, and design and measurement tools that pave the framework for good lighting design.
- Evidence-Based Design focuses on methodologies and design trends used to enable project success in lighting.
- Experiencing Light explores the influence of light on the human experience and nature.
- Technologies discusses the flow of information, technological advances and market changes that affect the lighting industry.
- The Art of Lighting shows how to translate inspiration into projects, products or company culture.
- The Business of Lighting and Professional Practice focuses on charting careers and/or growing a company in the lighting industry.
- The Next Decade explores the knowledge and vision with a diverse audience keen to participate in exciting innovations that will transform the next decade.
Speaker applicants can also choose to a focus on an area or topic that matches a subject within their field of expertise, aside from the listed topic suggestions.
LightFair conference sessions offer a variety of durations, levels and formats. Speakers can choose to present their topics as one-day courses, two-day courses and three-hour workshops and in shorter sixty-minute, ninety-minute, and three-hour sessions.
The formats for these in-depth topic studies include:
- Experiential Learning, where participants are engaged through hands-on activity; a traditional Lecture using an engaging presentation;
- Moderated Discussion, which involves a moderator leading a discussion or debate;
- Panel Presentation, which utilizes a longer-format presentation by at-most three experts on one topic;
- Rapid Fire, where three presenters give a short presentation, allowing for questions at the end; and;
- Tour of a local lighting installation or significant project.
Courses levels are designated as Foundational, Intermediate, Advanced and All Levels (full descriptions are available on the application web site).
LightFair speakers will receive three-day unlimited conference and exhibit hall access, marketing support to promote their session, compensation depending on course format and duration, one complimentary hotel night for out-of-town speakers, prestige and brand value for presenting at LightFair, and more.
Applications must be completed online. Applicants are asked to submit a title, description, learning objectives and biography.
LightFair 2022 is June 19-23 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. —Press Release