The Epson Digital Couture event was held in advance of Fashion Week in New York City on Tuesday, Feburary 9 and was a huge success, providing a visual representation of how Epson’s digital printing technologies impact the fashion and textile industry. The fashion event, built around the theme “Harmony and Peace through Fashion,” showcased collections from eleven North and Latin American designers created using Epson’s state-of-the-art SureColor® F-Series dye-sublimation printing solutions.
“Epson Digital Couture is a unique opportunity to get a glimpse into how digital technology is poised to dramatically impact the fashion industry,” said Keith Kratzberg, senior vice president, Epson America. “It is truly amazing to see what artists and designers are able to accomplish when there are no limits to creating their vision, resulting in breathtaking designs of the highest quality that conveys each designer’s signature style.”
Held in New York’s Meatpacking District, a fashion hotspot, the event attracted elite artists from the fashion industry, celebrities, socialites, and leading members of the press. The Epson Digital Couture event showcased the limitless designs made possible by Epson dye-sublimation technology through the featured collections of the following designers:
* Chloe Trujillo from Los Angeles, CA;
* Cristina Ruales from Brooklyn, NY;
* Fabrizzio Berrocal from Costa Rica;
* GM by Gustavo Moscoso from Ecuador;
* Kaleidoscopic by María de Lourdes Ramírez and Isabel Navarro Landa from Mexico;
* LENERD by Felipe Santamaría Luque from Colombia;
* Matías Hernán from Chile;
* Ossira by Agostina Orlandi and Ludmila Osikovsky from Argentina;
* Pionier by Janet Ríos and Carmen Artica from Peru;
* Santika by Danny Santiago from Miami, FL; and
* Tigresse by Fabio Yukio from Brazil
“Epson’s textile printing solutions allow artists, designers, entrepreneurs, and established fashion brands to print detailed designs and vibrant colors in real-time, for a new level of creative freedom,” said Agustin Chacon, Epson America’s vice president of international marketing. “The success of the second Epson Digital Couture event underscores the synergy of fashion and state-of the-art printing technology for a new era of design creativity and functional versatility.”
Fashion designers and professionals interested in learning more about Epson’s digital printing technologies can visit www.proimaging.epson.com.