Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers and cutters, has announced the Mimaki CJV300 Series of production-speed, printer-cutter devices. Models from the CJV300 series will make their U.S. debut in the Mimaki USA booth #3158 at the Specialty Graphic and Imaging Association (SGIA) annual exhibition in Las Vegas, October 22-24, 2014.
CJV300 Series Adds Cutting Capability to Proven Production Platform
The Mimaki CJV300 Series brings automated print-and-cut operations to this class of printer for the first time. Extending the capabilities of the Mimaki JV300 Series platform, introduced in July 2014, the CJV300 Series is available in two sizes: the 54-inch CJV300-130 model and the 64-inch CJV300-160 model.
CJV300 Series models incorporate new printheads in a staggered configuration (offering up to four channels per color) that can deliver production print speeds of up to 1,140 square feet per hour to support a high-volume print-and-cut workflow. The integrated cut functionality enables volume production of labels, decals, T-shirt transfers, window clings, floor graphics, P-O-P displays, vehicle markings, package prototypes and more in a single unit.
Elevating Print-and-Cut Capability
The Mimaki CJV300 series offers advanced cutting functions including continuous registration mark detection to enable cutting of an entire roll of media without interruption. Over-cut and corner-cut functions reduce waste by ensuring clearly cut edges with no uncut fragments. The segment correction function facilitates precision cutting over long-length prints, even if the image is distorted. Also included is a cut-and-print function for pre-cutting before printing, which prevents common problems such as film separation and other issues related to post-cutting on thin materials.
Silver Ink Adds Brilliance
Among the ten SS21 eco-solvent ink colors available for the CJV300 printer is Silver, which can be used to create high value-added print products. This new formulation delivers a greater than 50 percent improvement on refraction over the current Silver ink formula, delivering brilliant mirror-effect results that are not diminished even if overlaminated.
Silver ink can be used to create metallic color effects, which are in high demand for label, decal, and package prototyping applications. RasterLink6 RIP software—standard with CJV300 Series units—includes a swatch palette of 648 metallic colors that are easily selectable from Illustrator® and can be utilized in a near endless combination of custom colors.
Bulk Ink System Standard
Every Mimaki CJV300 Series printer ships with the Mimaki Bulk Ink System 3 (MBIS3) that features two-liter ink packs for select colors (Silver and White in 220ml cartridges only). This system reduces ink costs when compared to ink cartridges used in competitive products, and enables unattended printing, freeing staff to work on other projects.
Innovative Technologies on a Proven Platform
The new CJV300 Series, built on the advanced architecture of the JV300 Series printers, offers many new technologies designed to deliver consistent, outstanding print quality on a proven platform. Included on all units are the following features:
• Variable drop printing and MAPS3 (Mimaki Advanced Pass System 3) anti-banding technology ensures precise and accurate print quality.
• Optimum waveform technology achieves precise ink droplet placements onto the media.
• Patented media heat system ensures uniform ink drying and produces consistent image quality across the entire width of the media.
• Eight ink channels and up to ten ink colors provide the flexibility to produce nearly any application, and can print on hundreds of readily available media.
• White ink is ideal for overprinting of backlit applications and under-printing on colored surfaces.
• Orange ink increases the color gamut and delivers more vivid output and the ability to reproduce more than 94 percent of the PANTONE® color chart.
• Light Black ink produces high-quality monochrome color reproduction, resulting in grey tones without a red undercast.
• Both Orange and Light Black inks, along with Light Magenta and Light Cyan in an eight-color configuration, can also be used to serve the high-end, fine art market where prints command premium prices.
• Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) reduces ink and media waste, and downtime by checking for potential nozzle outages between file runs.
• Nozzle Recovery System (NRS) enables continued productivity by assigning operational nozzles as substitutes until an outage can be cleared.
• Media handling features provide more accurate printing with less damage to the media.
• Mimaki Sb53 dye-sublimation inks are available for textile and apparel production.
The Mimaki CJV300 Series printers include the MBIS3 system; RasterLink6 RIP software; FineCut8 plug-in for Illustrator and CorelDRAW®; Simple Studio print-cut software; and a one-year warranty. All models will be available for order in North America beginning in October 2014 with first shipments commencing November 2014.