A new tool from Nonconductive Tool Company is leading to safer, faster and more productive work methods for electricians, maintenance professionals and Do-It-Yourselfers. The new Voltclaw-12 is a simple-to-use, low-cost tool that is nonconductive to allow for safer management of 12- to 14-gauge electrical wiring within junction boxes, switch boxes, outlets, panels or anywhere electrical wires are installed.
Until Voltclaw-12, electrical wires were typically manipulated by hand or with tools designed for other purposes, such as a screwdriver or wire stripper. These methods put the electrician in serious danger of shock, especially when metal tools are used to move wires. Metal tools can also damage the insulation that protects the copper wire. Exposed bare copper wire greatly increases the chances of electrical malfunction or serious injury.
To solve this serious problem, Voltclaw-12 is molded from rugged, impact-resistant nylon. It has no metal parts and is nonconductive up to 1000V. Smooth edges allow an electrician to safely bend and move wires without damaging insulation, unlike with standard metal tools that can nick and break insulation.
Although Voltclaw-12 weighs just a few ounces and measures less than nine inches, it is an extremely rugged and versatile tool. It is equipped with six unique functions that greatly contribute to its value. Using the Voltclaw, the electrician can:
• Reach inside crowded junction boxes, service panels and other applications to tightly grab wires with either one of the tool’s two Pull Hooks;
• Push, pull, or bend wires with the T-Groove by sliding the wire into the groove and twisting the tool;
• Push wires back into outlets, switch boxes, GFCIs, or other tight spaces with the tool’s V-groove. Push in ground wires first, white wires second and hot wires last;
• Create a J-shaped loop on the end of a pre-stripped wire with the Loop Bender. Electricians need a J-shaped loop to attach wires securely to the screws on the side of a receptacle or a switch; and
• Remove or tighten twist-on wire connectors with the built-in wrench. Simply slide the wire connector into the wrench and turn counterclockwise for loosening or clockwise for tightening.
For complete information, visit www.voltclaw.com.