Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced its SMART (School of Mimaki Application and Resource Training) course schedule for RasterLink6 RIP software. This program is designed to help users obtain maximum benefit of the features in RasterLink6 RIP software to drive a variety of Mimaki printers.
RasterLink6 RIP software is the company’s standard RIP that is bundled with all Mimaki equipment including the Mimaki JV400 Series latex printers, which are ideally suited for the sign and vehicle graphics, exhibition and events, retail POS, interior decor and soft signage markets. The new Mimaki 500 Series textile and industrial UV-cure LED flatbed printers are all supported by RasterLink6 software.
RasterLink6 software offers intuitive icons for easy option selection, a single-window approach to selection of all options, and the ability to monitor printing progress from the main screen. This version includes the Mimaki Profile Master II feature, which provides the ability to simulate color printing in Adobe® Illustrator® and Adobe Photoshop® software without the need to create an actual print, saving time and money in the design and production process.
The two-day SMART course on RasterLink6 software will cover the following topics:
• Understanding the basic functions and structure of RasterLink6 software
• Managing Adobe workflow files and integrating them into RasterLink6 software
• Presenting basic principles and structures of layouts, templates and color management with RasterLink6 software
• Reviewing proper communication between printers and cutters for utilizing these functions together
• Performing print-and-cut routines with job workflow on available Mimaki equipment
• Reviewing RasterLink6 software guidelines and capabilities to ensure operational satisfaction
2014 Course Schedule and Registration
Monday, March 31 – Tuesday, April 1, Dallas/Ft. Worth Technology Center
Thursday, April 10 – Friday, April 11, New Jersey Technology Center
Thursday, May 8 – Friday, May 9, Boston Technology Center
Monday, May 12 – Tuesday, May 13, Chicago Technology Center
Monday, June 16 – Tuesday, June 17, Atlanta Technology Center
Wednesday, June 25 – Thursday, June 26, Los Angeles Technology Center
Courses are open to end-users of RasterLink6 software and authorized dealers. To register and obtain pricing information, visit www.MimakiSMART.com.