LIGHTFAIR® International 2019 is now open at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. This is the thirtieth consecutive staging of the world’s largest annual lighting and technology event. LIGHTFAIR International 2019 begins with the Pre-Conference May 19-20 and continues with the Trade Show and Conference May 21-23. More than 25,000 registrants from every U.S. state and more than 80 countries are expected to attend.
The Pre-Conference offers a full line-up of courses and workshops, highlighted by the Institute Lunch & Learn “From Photobiology to Lighting Applications for Health” and keynote speaker Caleb Harper of the MIT Media Lab.
The Trade Show and Conference kicks off with the LFI Innovation Awards (LIA) and continues with a tour of the LIA winners; an LFI Thirtieth Anniversary Celebration; and opening day speaker Alex Kanjeev, president of O’Leary Ventures, Shark Tank insider and tech entrepreneur. The trade show opens with 563 exhibitors including more than 60 new-to-LIGHTFAIR exhibitors alongside eight manufacturers which have exhibited in every LIGHTFAIR International trade show from its 1989 founding: A.L.P, Current Powered by GE, Lutron Electronics, Osram, Prudential LTG, SLP Lighting, Signify and Ushio America, Inc.
On Wednesday, May 22, the IoT & Connected Lighting Forum and the Light & Health Forum open with tours available. And, there is a dinner and tour to explore LED Sports Lighting at Temple University’s Liacouras Center.
LFI wraps on Thursday, May 23 with a tour of the LFI Pavilions, the reveal of the LFI 2019 Thirtieth Anniversary Mosaic Wall, a special anniversary Dine Around Celebration, and a Welcome to Las Vegas LFI 2020 Gift Card Giveaway.
Educational and networking events continue throughout the Conference. Visit LIGHTFAIR.COM/networking-special-events for additional information about LIGHTFAIR International 2019 networking events.
In its 2019 staging, LIGHTFAIR features expanded resources in ten key categories, including controls, decorative lighting, alternative energy featuring solar power, software, exterior and roadway, digital signage, IoT, intelligent buildings, healthcare, and hospitality. The trade show floor will incorporate six curated Pavilions, each offering a custom presentation of products strategically categorized to create a critical mass affording attendees ease of access and depth of selection.
The LFI 2019 Pavilions lineup includes:
- The Design Pavilion, a vibrant showcase of high-styled modern and classic decorative designs.
- The Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion, with LFI’s large and growing spectrum of manufacturers who offer advanced-technology outdoor products employing new systems and functionalities driving environmentally responsible lighting.
- The Global Light + Design Pavilion, which presents the world’s finest decorative lighting designs from internationally recognized manufacturers.
- The Intelligent Lighting Pavilion, one of LFI’s newest pavilions, featuring smart lighting solutions that respond to space needs to optimize flexibility, extend system life and maximize end-user comfort.
- The IoT (Internet of Things) Pavilion, which houses the intricate technologies used to create networks employing connectivity to achieve greater efficiency, reduce operating costs and collect valuable data.
- The New Exhibitor Pavilion featuring first-time exhibitors showcasing products and technological advances for the architecture and commercial industry.
Enhancing the New Exhibitor Pavilion is the surrounding LFI LIVE, an interactive meeting space where attendees connect for networking, education and fun. Also adjacent are the LIGHTFAIR Innovation Awards Lounge, exhibitor presentation areas and a head shot lounge.
For more information about LIGHTFAIR International 2019, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM.