Orbus Exhibit & Display Group strives to protect the environment as a top priority. Whether it’s diverting waste from the landfill or saving trees, Orbus endeavors to go above and beyond the company’s environmental objectives and targets, which are required by the standards set forth by ISO 14001:2004.
Recently, Orbus made a number of efforts to protect the environment and improve its green practices. In 2012, Orbus’ three manufacturing and production facilities protected many valuable resources:
- By recycling 216.64 tons of cardboard, Orbus saved 3,683 trees and 1,516,480 gallons of water from being processed into new pulp. Recycled cardboard is used to make paper towels and napkins.
- Orbus saved 16,088 gallons of oil by recycling 23.5 tons of plastic. This plastic will be used to make carpet, plastic lumber, clothing, insulation, car bumpers, and more.
- Orbus recycled 297.5 cubic yards of waste fabric, preventing the material from being dumped into a landfill.
- Orbus saved energy equivalent to 54,012 gallons of crude oil by recycling 32.2 tons of scrap aluminum, which is used to create new materials in airplanes, cars, and cans.
Orbus’ Bolingbrook, Niles, and Las Vegas facilities are certified to the ISO 14001:2004 standard. The ISO 14001:2004 standard is primarily concerned with the approach of “environmental management,” which provides guidance for an organization to:
- Minimize harmful effects on the environment caused by business activities
- Prevent pollution
- Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance
In addition to the company’s environmental efforts, Orbus’ Bolingbrook, IL and Las Vegas, NV facilities are certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard for quality management. Its Niles, IL facility has been certified since 1999. ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for an organization to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meets customer needs and aims to improve satisfaction through the effective application of the system. Orbus is committed to providing its distributors with the highest quality of products and service in the industry.