The two-day training, scheduled for May 20-21 at Roland DGA headquarters in Irvine, California, will be led by the experts from X-Rite, a world leader in color management.
Workshop attendees will learn techniques for creating custom profiles that are optimized for specific media and devices. The training will also include an overview of color fundamentals and color models, as well as instruction on everything from building an ICC color-managed workflow to employing proper measurement techniques and devices for profiling.
"Evaluating media compatibility, determining optimal settings and building custom media profiles are crucial for producing high-quality prints," said Roland Product Manager Julie Gederos. "Participants attending this hands-on training will walk away with a thorough understanding of color management process and a wealth of tips and techniques for achieving vibrant, accurate color and stunning graphic results."
The training will cover the following:
• An overview of color fundamentals and color models
• Digital file attributes that affect print quality
• How to build an ICC color-managed workflow
• Optimal speed, quality and heater settings for solvent and aqueous printers
• How to evaluate media compatibility, test for optimal settings and build custom media profiles to achieve the best possible match between different types of media and printers
• Proper measurement techniques and devices for profiling
• How to create display profiles for soft proofing
To learn more, or to register for Roland's Color Profiling Workshop, visit http://www.rolanddga.com/rolandacademy, or call 1-800-542-2307.