YESCO the 101-year-old company known for creating, repairing, and maintaining internationally recognizable signs, announces the design, fabrication, and installation of new signs for the City of Mesa, Arizona; Falcon District; and Falcon Field Airport. The Falcon Field District is anchored by the Falcon Field Airport and encompasses more than thirty-five-square-miles of retail, commercial, and industrial parks, as well as residential neighborhoods.
A three-year-long project from start to finish, YESCO completed signage for the City of Mesa’s Falcon District, including three new 14-feet-by-6-inch center median pylon signage located on Recker, Greenfield and Higley Roads, south of the 202, wrapped traffic signal boxes with vinyl graphics and light pole banners.
Also completed were Falcon Field Airport directional signs, multi-dimensional curved spire display with the airport name, pole-mounted directional signage, and an eighteen feet high electronic message center pylon sign with a high-contrast, superior-quality 8mm Daktronics EMC display.
The Falcon Field Airport monument sign was installed on the northwest corner of McKellips Road and Falcon Drive. The monument sign is a part of the planned Airport Historic Zone improvements that also include the historic photo wraps on some of the City-owned hangars and the air traffic control tower as well as the wayfinding signs. At night, the sign will be illuminated for easy visibility.
- The Falcon District sign project began in 2018.
- The Falcon District boasts market leaders in aerospace, defense, and aviation including The Boeing Company, MD Helicopters, Mercury Mission Systems, Heliponents, Marsh Aviation, CAE Oxford, AQST Space Systems, Serastar Technologies Corporation, Valkyrie Aero, and Van Horn Aviation.
- In order for the candy blue finish of the three monolith signs to be vibrant for years under the Arizona sun, YESCO used the best, high-end, automotive clear coat paint.
- Falcon District includes three new YESCO center median displays, twelve signal box wraps and fifty light pole banners.
- It took YESCO 1,024 man-hours to complete the Falcon District project.
- It took YESCO 2,177 man-hours for the Falcon Field directional, corner display, and EMC sign project.
“YESCO was proud to design, fabricate, and install these new signs in Mesa, Arizona,” said Kelly G. Chipman, Custom Account Executive, YESCO. “The city wanted to promote the area for its aerospace, defense, manufacturing and technology companies and to attract new companies to the area.”