Each entry must be currently available during 2011 and will be judged based on its perceived value to the digital imaging community by a select group of experts. Awards will be honored within these major categories:
Media for digital inkjet (seven sub-categories)
1. Paper Based — bond, photo, synthetic, etc.
2. Vinyl — banner, mesh, non-woven, textured, etc.
3. Vinyl — fleet and pressure sensitive
4. Non-PVC — non-PVC based, includes non-woven, eco-responsible, and plant based.
5. Film — static cling, white, clear, specialty, etc.
6. Textile — natural and synthetic woven
7. Rigid — paper, plastic, metal, etc.
Finishing (three sub-categories)
1. Display Exhibit Hardware — framing systems, display systems and hardware, structures, etc.
2. Laminates, adhesives, and films
3. Equipment — laminators, routers, cutters, saws, seaming equipment, grommeting, sewing, etc.
Output Device Test Print Shootout — entrants are required to print and submit a test image created by the Association. More details about this category can be found here:
Entries will be evaluated and judged by industry leaders and awards will be presented on Wednesday, October 19 during the SGIA Expo in New Orleans.
For more information, visit SGIA.org.