The competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students majoring in lighting and illumination design, architecture, engineering, and interior design. The students will be challenged to develop an original, unique, and creative lighting design for a provided architectural project, as well as one custom, decorative luminaire to be used in the design. The wining team’s project will be showcased in the Lighting Education Lounge on the LFI tradeshow floor and in a window display at Macy’s Philadelphia flagship store. The team will also be honored at an awards ceremony onsite and will have the opportunity to present their project to LFI attendees.
In addition to the design competition, the LFI Student Outreach Program offers educational and volunteer opportunities on the tradeshow floor and in the Conference. The 2011 student benefits are:
- FREE access to the LFI Exhibit Hall
- Student portfolio review by industry professionals
- Lighting education meet and greet in the Lighting Education Lounge
- Student tours of the LFI Exhibit Hall
- One free seminar/symposium
- Discounted prices to attend Daylighting and LIGHTFAIR Institute courses
- Complimentary new attendee orientation on opening day of exhibit hall
- Volunteer opportunities at the LFI Conference in exchange for free coursees
- Reduced Student Full Conference Package (including access to eight seminars/symposia, LFI Exhibit hall for all three days, and the LFI Innovation Awards)
These opportunities and other educational initiatives are supported by the Lighting Education Lounge.
LFI takes place May 15-19, 2011 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA. All those interested in participating in the 2011 LFI Student Outreach Program should contact Elly McCloud, executive director of Marketing, Conference, and Attendee Relations at email@example.com. For more information, view www.lightfair.com.