USSC scholarships are available to employees of USSC member firms or dependents of an employee at a USSC member firm. In addition, once the student has been chosen by the Scholarship Committee as a scholarship recipient, he or she may renew the scholarship for three additional years providing the student maintains a 3.0 grade point average. This is a membership opportunity that should not be overlooked, especially in light of increasing costs for higher education.
You can apply online by clicking here. There’s also a form and complete information in your membership binder or you can call the USSC office at 215/785-1922.
Following are the requirements for application:
* The student must submit a completed application form, supply a current transcript of grades, and provide a short essay.
* If the student is going into the field of art or graphic design, he or she must submit samples of their artistic skills. Send prints or a CD disc with artwork in PDF format.
* The student must have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or better and must maintain an average of 3.0 to renew the scholarship in subsequent years.
* The student can be a high school senior or already in college in an undergraduate program. (If already in college, student should submit a high school transcript and a current college transcript of courses taken to date.)
* The student can be interested in any area of study in either a two-year or four-year program and must be full time with at least 12 credit hours per semester.