The V551 offers full 1080p high-definition resolution with stunning detail and crisp imagery. Its commercial-grade LCD panel is designed for digital signage use. Built-in features include an expansion slot for seamless integration of NEC accessories, third-party components, and OPS-based products, as well as integrated 10W speakers. A 20 percent depth reduction from NEC’s previous generation 55-inch displays with added expansion slot support, enables more flexibility during installation. Expanded connectivity options, including a DisplayPort connection and DVI digital loop-through, allow for use with the latest peripherals.
“The introduction of the V551 completes the V Series lineup with a full range of sizes from 32-inches to 65-inches,” said Rachel Karnani, product manager for Large-Screen Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “Users with lobby signage or digital menu boards will especially welcome the expansion slot and remote monitoring capabilities. V Series models are a great solution for customers that need a more rugged display at a frugal price.”
The V551 and V551-AVT include the following features:
- Commercial-grade, sealed panel design with advanced cooling capabilities
- Brightness of 350 cd/m”
- Contrast ratio of 3000:1
- Full 1080p high-definition resolution
- Expansion slot supports the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the industry’s first standardized option slot that simplifies digital signage installations
- Enhanced connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Remote diagnostics and external control, including RS-232C, RJ45 LAN, IR Remote, DDC/CI
- TileMatrixT technology (up to 100 displays)
- Real-time clock has the ability to set schedules for display on/off times and warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Carbon footprint meter tracks and calculates the conservation of green gas emissions
- Optional accessories and products for the V551 include stands, wall mounts, external PCs and media players
The V551 and V551-AVT will be available in November 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $2,699 and $2,899, respectively. The displays ship with a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.